I am so excited to be bringing a new retreat experience for you in 2019!
Staying at The Summer House, in Torquay, Victoria, your three-night, four-day transformational retreat will be a restorative journey – for your body, mind, and spirit – a chance to relax, refresh, and reconnect; a chance to play; an opportunity to grow; a time to simply be.
Our Phenomenal Women Winter Rest and Rejuvenation retreat is the second in a series of wonderful self-discovery retreat experiences, designed to provide you with valuable tools and techniques to enhance your everyday and overall wellbeing. Topics will include eating for the season, gut health, managing stress and anxiety, goal setting and taking action, using your intuition, finding joy, moving on, and letting go.
As the surface of your body cools, Winter is the time to slow down and warm your internal body; it is time to rest, rejuvenate, and give yourself the best chance to enjoy a stress-free and healthy Winter.
This retreat will be a perfect opportunity to –
- allow space for hopes to surface from the possibilities you have been nurturing during Autumn;
- revitalise the kidneys – the organs, according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, that hold our most basic and fundamental energy that determines our health and vitality;
- look inwards and reflect on ourselves with practices such as meditation, yoga, and journaling;
- reconnect with nature, breathe in the sea air and enjoy beautiful beach walking; and,
- feed your body with seasonal and holistic food to nourish and restore.
You will –
· start each day with a gut-boosting shot or tonic and end each day with a soothing, guided full-body relaxation…you will sleep so well!
· spend time in nature – picture scenic coastal walking and gentle stretching by the ocean…ahhhh…bliss…
· learn ways to reduce the impact of stress on your body through yoga therapy and meditation…inhale…exhale…
· gain an understanding of the relationship of the mind-body connection with the health of your gut, and the benefits of eating for the season, with naturopathic physician and wholefood chef Janella Purcell.
· appreciate the power of intentions and taking action
· have access to the Surf Coast’s best massage and reiki practitioners during your afternoon “Dream Time”
· and, most importantly, overall, you will rest and rejuvenate your body with heavenly cuisine in luxurious surrounds, and reconnect with your spirit in the simplest of ways.
Settled on a 1/2 acre in the seaside town of Jan Juc on the Surf Coast of Victoria, gateway to the Great Ocean Road, The Summer House Torquay is an extensively renovated homestead, featuring quaint, nostalgic, country charm. In addition, this gorgeous venue also hosts a beautiful yoga studio on site, and sublime solar-heated Mineral Pool – just perfect for retreats!
Located only a hour from the heart of Melbourne, and 30 minutes from Avalon Airport, the Summer House has 4 bedrooms and caters for 8 guests and is the newest luxury accommodation on the Surf Coast.
Whilst staying with us, your retreat will be fully catered, and prepared with great love, by our in-house chefs.
Gluten free bircher muesli with seasonal fruit
Poached eggs smoked trout and wilted spinach with hollandaise sauce
Soft scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and gluten free bread
Fruit salad (not everyone likes a heavy breakfast!) with dairy free yoghurt
Selection of breads with sugar free preserves
Frittata with goats cheese balsamic mushrooms roasted tomatoes and herbs from our garden
Vegeree… like Kedgeree only without the fish, basmati rice mixed with Asian greens/herbs topped with soft boiled eggs
Smoked trout &mixed (seasonal) greens and sprouts salad, with roasted beetroot and nuts
Quinoa salad with roasted vegetables and herbs
Seared turmeric chicken with kale, humus and roasted capsicum
Wholemeal (or gluten free) pasta with broccoli, chilli and lemon
Lamb kebab wraps, grilled lamb with salad and tzatziki in a wrap
Seared tuna, couscous and greens salad
Rice salad with chickpeas and olives and greens, tahini/lemon dressing
Middle eastern lamb tagine with couscous/quinoa, seasonal green veg with almonds
Thai red fish curry with rice and seasonal greens
Spanish chicken thigh cutlets with chorizo, olives and cherry tomatoes on a bed of greens
Lentil, sweet potato and green veg soup, with crusty bread/gluten free option
Fillet of beef with red wine jus balsamic beetroot rosemary potatoes and caramelised pumpkin
Lamb cutlets roasted red onion tabouli and eggplant
Chickpea and Eggplant Sri Lankan curry with basmati rice
Saffron risotto with braised fennel preserved lemon and prawns
A holistic nurturing theme will run through our time spent together; the activities offered focus on your physical, spiritual, and emotional health and wellbeing.
In a safe, supported, and non-judgmental environment, surrounded by others who share a similar intention, you will leave your everyday life behind – home, the office, the routine, the appointments – and immerse yourself in the restorative energy of Jan Juc and Torquay.
Over four days, you will experience clarity, gain a sense of peace and freedom, and learn how to deal with the stress in your life more effectively. Working with myself and a team of holistic practitioners and service providers, you will return home with greater self-awareness, acceptance, and a sense of gratitude for your life, fully relaxed, refreshed, and reconnected.
Dates and Rates Autumn 2019
What and When
The Phenomenal Women Winter Rest and Rejuvenation retreat will run between July 5 – 8, 2019, and bookings will open in the first week of May, 2019.
The Summer House, Torquay
Anyone wanting to push the pause button – to regroup, refresh, rejuvenate with like-minded souls.
Because life is easier when we take time for ourselves to relax, refresh, and reconnect; we aren’t meant to be “on” 24/7/365.
Relax. Rest. Refresh. Reconnect. Breathe. Meditate. Yoga. Massage. Nourish. Unwind.
Per person AUD
We can’t wait to meet you!
More 2019 events
Details coming soon!
Click here to register your interest for upcoming retreat events.
© 2019 sue dowling